IND vs PAK: Virat Kohli Record Breaking 43-ball Fifty Surpassing Rohit Sharma
Indian Cricket Team would be over the moon after their emphatic victory against Pakistan. The Men in Blue made a statement that the team is here to win the championship. The team displayed a never to say die attitude and made sure that they wait for an opportunity.
Virat Kohli has announced his and India’s arrival at the 2022 T20 World Cup in an epic fashion, playing an innings of a lifetime to lead his team to an improbable four-wicket win over arch-rivals Pakistan in their tournament opener. Kohli was unbeaten on 82 off 53 as India chased down a target of 160 in a match that went down to the last ball.
Virat Kohli: Leading Run Scorer In T20Is
The star right-handed batter played a fine knock in the match against Pakistan. He now has gone beyond the skipper Rohit Sharma’s 3,741 runs and now Kohli has 3,794 runs to his name. The scintillating batter has looked ominous since Asia Cup 2022; it won’t be wrong to say that Virat has reinvented himself after a poor patch.
Kohli hit four sixes and six fours in his knock and over the course of it, broke a number of records.
Full list Records Broken by Virat Kohli at T20 World Cup 2022
1. Virat Kohli is now the highest run scorer in T20Is. Kohli has gone past Rohit Sharma once again, with the pair locked in a seemingly endless battle at the top of the all-time run scoring charts in the shortest format. Kohli has now scored 3794 runs in 110 matches at an average of a whopping 51.97 and strike rate of 138.41.
2. This was his 14th player of the match award in T20Is, the most for any male player. He surpasses Afghanistan captain Mohammad Nabi’s 13.
3. This was his 6th player of the match award in the T20 World Cup, which is also the most for any male player
4. Kohli’s tally in T20 World Cups stands at 927 runs, which takes him past Rohit Sharma’s 851 to make him the highest Indian run scorer in the tournament
5. This was Kohli’s fifth half century against Pakistan and four of those have come in the T20 World Cup. That is the joint most fifty-plus scores for any player against an opponent in the T20 World Cup, equaling the record held by West Indies great Chris Gayle. Gayle has scored four fifty-plus scores in the tournament against Australia.
India on a Roll
The management would be quite pumped up as they snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. At the same time, the team would be well aware of the fact that every-time Virat won’t bail out the team. It won’t be wrong to say that smashing boundaries in Australia is not easy by any means.
The likes of KL Rahul and Suryakumar Yadav should stick to the crease and make sure that they are playing long and effective innings, The Head Coach Rahul Dravid would be worried as the team fell like a pack of cards and almost made a mess out of it.